Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Observation #1 - 10/25/08

Originally I was set on focusing on a blog that had multiple articles and responses throughout the week. My first choice was http://www.musicblogscatalog.com/, since I am a musician this website struck my interest very quickly. After a few days of browsing through the website, I was not satisfied with the quality of posts, and many of them had 0 responses even though hundreds of people clicked and possibly read the article. So I decided to change the blog that I was observing, and decided to switch to movies figuring there might be more interactions. I decided to focus on my favorite HBO show Entourage since the show was mid-season already. The website where I found this blog was premiumhoolywood.com. The Entourage blog can be found at http://www.premiumhollywood.com/tag/entourage/. Since there is only one blog a week, I observed the website from the weekend of 10/24/08 to see more interaction than just for this week’s episode and get a better feel of the website. I also observed blogs on a few episodes that happened earlier to get a feel of what this blog was about. People respond and react to the episode they just saw and can predict or share what they think is going to happen next week. There is a good quality of communication amongst the users trying to figure out what will happen next or why things happened the way did. I am curious to see what other people have to say about the upcoming episodes.

No comments: